Cleaning Hacks THAT WORK!!!!





I thought I would share a few cleaning tips and tricks to follow my last post. After trying multiple pinterest hacks that left my house just as dirty – and me just as frustrated – I can honestly say these work!

1        Skip getting on your hands and knees with a bucket full of soapy water when it comes to baseboards! I wrap my broom with a microfiber cloth, secure it with a rubberband, and wipe away. To delay future build up, add a spray of pledge to the cloth.

2       Ceiling fans are a pain to clean. Usually after getting the dust off, you have to break out the vacuum and get it all off the floor. I found this handy fan cleaner at amazon and love it. I’ve seen them at the dollar store as well! It’s also washable!



3        Wiping down blinds is another one of my least favorite things to do. This blind cleaner can be found on amazon. I also spray it lightly with pledge and LOVE that it is washable!


4       Prior to washing your bedding and shower curtains, clean your washing machine by running white vinegar or Affresh through it.


5       For baked on microwave grime – microwave a coffee mug full of water for 30 seconds to a minute. The steam helps loosen the grime. Wipe away!

6       I know I am not the only one that has scrubbed my tub, shower, and shower door until my arms were about to fall off. Then I found this! Bucko soap scum removal can be found on Amazon. I strongly recommend you turn on the bathroom vents. Simply spray, wait a few minutes, and wipe down with steel wool pads. The steel wool has never scratched my tub or shower but you may want to try a small spot first.


7.        Ring around the toilet is another fun chore. Ring King is a product a friend shared with me. It is actually used to clean the ring off of boats that have been sitting in the water. I pour it in, leave for a few minutes, and scrub with a pumice stone. This product also works great for marks in sinks and tubs that wont budge. When I used it in the sink – I soaked a cotton ball in Ring King, placed it on the “ring” and left it there about an hour. MAGIC! The only place I have found this locally is Goodwood Hardware. I’m sure it is on Amazon too.



8.        Whether you have a gas cooktop or a regular range, baked on grime seems impossible to remove. A friend that owns a maid service taught me this trick! If you have a gas cooktop, remove the grates and place on a towel. Spray them with oven cleaner. Next, spray your cooktop grime. I usually wait about an hour and wipe the cooktop. You may have to repeat. I ran my grates through the dishwasher and they came out looking new. Oven cleaner is strong. Make sure you ventilate well.


9.        To freshen up a smelly kitchen sink – chop a few lemons and run them along with ice cubes through your garbage disposal.

1       Use a magic eraser to clean fingerprints and dirt from light switch face plates. Trust me, it’s there!

1       Clean windows inside and out with newspaper. Fun fact – this is what Nascar drivers use to avoid smudges. I found a great product called Savogran that works on glass, tile, and my stainless fridge.


 For a fresh clean scent, drop a few drops of essential oils on your AC filter.

That’s all I have for now! Feel free to share your tips with me! I would love to keep the list growing.

Comments

Popular Posts